Welcome

This blog is intended as a tool for reflections and support as a group of colleagues undertake a Spring in2it programme.

10 weeks of improving our health and fitness.
Core goals:
5+ servings of fruit and veg per day
8 glasses of water per day
30 minutes of exercise per day

"You are in pretty good shape for the shape you are in" Dr Suess

Monday, September 5, 2011

Week 3, Spring In2it!

Have survived another week of Spring in2it! Great belonging to a team as this has motivated me to keep going. It is so important to me that I chose to go to the gym on Friday evening at 5pm rather than stay at work for 4.04!! How serious is that??? So, last week I had two sessions at the gym as well as my pilates class. My wee PT must struggle with me a bit as I am not the most energetic person & am limited with what I can do because of some difficulty with nerve pain in my right arm. Mostly focus on core exercises & using those awful moving machines. But I keep going back.....

Still walking the stairs with e tama & we have been joined by some others from the team recently too. We will all have 'thunder thighs' by the end of this. This week we will reach the 'first quarter' of our stair climbing.

Last week I went to Mike Wright's presentation on 'spiritual wellness' - his main focus was on fasting! I have been fasting from my favourite citrus slice from Fluid & have not purchased any since the beginning of Spring in2it! How's that for fasting!!!??

No weight loss yet but certainly feel the benefits of the exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment