Welcome

This blog is intended as a tool for reflections and support as a group of colleagues undertake a Spring in2it programme.

10 weeks of improving our health and fitness.
Core goals:
5+ servings of fruit and veg per day
8 glasses of water per day
30 minutes of exercise per day

"You are in pretty good shape for the shape you are in" Dr Suess

Monday, August 22, 2011

Week 1, Spring In2it!

Spring In2it! started last Monday 15 August. As luck would have it, it snowed so I think that gave me permission not to do anything. Tuesday back at work but still too cold to do much! However!!! On Wednesday I was encouraged to join e tama on a mission to climb Aoraki - 20, 757 steps - by climbing to the 6th floor of HBlock 4 times per day, I think about 191 times. Our esteemed colleague, PB, questions whether appropriate research has been carried out to ensure that this calculation is correct. PB has done some research himself, including measuring the height of the steps, and has come up with a slightly different answer than e tama about the number of times we need to climb the stairs!

I also go to "THE GYM" (usually twice a week) with my "PT" so was working pretty hard on Thursday night. I am not a 'gym' person really but somehow accepted an invitation from the Sports Institute to have my own "PT"! This is a real challenge as I am not keen on those moving machines.....

On the weekend, I worked for 3 hrs on Saturday in the garden which was quite physically demanding & finished on Sunday by loading up the trailer & going to the tip (oops, not PC, I meant Rummage or the Recycling Centre).

While one of my goals is to feel better about myself during this Spring In2it programme, it would also be great to lose a few kgs. So, no more trips across the road to Fluid to buy my favourite citrus slice.


No comments:

Post a Comment