Welcome

This blog is intended as a tool for reflections and support as a group of colleagues undertake a Spring in2it programme.

10 weeks of improving our health and fitness.
Core goals:
5+ servings of fruit and veg per day
8 glasses of water per day
30 minutes of exercise per day

"You are in pretty good shape for the shape you are in" Dr Suess

Monday, October 10, 2011

Week 7 & 8, Spring In2it!

I have been a bit slack & not updated the blog for a couple of weeks. Week 7 I wasn't very well & had a couple of days off work - so only managed some stair climbing on a couple of days, the gym once & didn't get to pilates. Week 8 was still feeling a bit slow but by Wednesday e tama was able to encourage me to start climbing the stairs again! Went to pilates that week & even went to the gym on my own! I really am not a gym person and have only been going when my PT has been with me. As she has been on holiday, I was expected to go it alone. I coped very well , I think, (despite the fact that I sat in the car outside trying to decide whether to go in or not) & even pushed myself along a bit with what I did. I had almost decided to give up on this whole Spring in2it stuff but encouragement from the team has kept me going.

I think that I may have even lost a bit of weight as I had a visit to the Dr when I was sick & I am sure that there was a bit of a difference (perhaps his scales were wrong?). Need to have a change of diet as well so no more sugar on my cereal in the morning or in my tea!! That will be a challenge as I love my cups of tea. Am trying to drink green tea instead.

Went for a bike ride on Sunday around the Taieri for about an hour which I enjoyed & hope to do more of. And off to the gym again tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment